Creativity: inborn or acquired

by - 11/23/2018 02:08:00 pm


Photo Credit: Google

Creativity: inborn or acquired
My discussion on creativity as to whether it is inborn or acquired started on quora.com where I gave an answer to someone’s question, so, I felt I should pose the question to my Facebook timeline to see people’s opinion on the subject matter. I believe [in life], if we don’t own anything, we own our opinions and we are entitled to it. So I want to take a moment to thank those who respond to the discussion I raised.
Creativity: inborn or acquired. I believed each and every one was born with a point of difference and that form our distinctive demeanor. That point of difference is called talent of which men are expected to trade with it to get the optimum results as to what they are to do in life.
I want to stand with others as they respond in the discussion that creativity is inborn as well as it is acquired and I will cite a case study here to back my opinion up.  It is the case of the ruling dignitaries in the world of football. Can you tell me their names?
As widely believed, they have a very great point of inflection and this is what sponsored people’s interests in the individual [don’t need to know the one I support, you’ll pay to know that]. Wait! Someone doesn’t know who I am talking about… okay, it is the popular Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
I have heard people say and I want to agree that Messi was born a footballer and it comes so easy for him and that is what fuel his light in the world of football because despite his life’s setback he was able to thrive above other men in the sport. And on the other hand, Ronaldo was believed to be a man who worked his way into the limelight –known to be a man driven by success, engaged many means he could to ensure he stay on top of the game –through vigorous training and onerous working out.
The question is what if the man born with it limits himself [probably with his setback] and did nothing to ‘fan it to a flame'. Everyone will agree with me that irrespective Messi still engages himself in one or two training to ensure his talent was defined and refined. And also the one who acquired it still need to ensure he keeps up with the activity that acquires the creativity for him so that he doesn't become stinking and stale over time.
This is the bottom line, whether inborn or acquired, creativity on its own doesn’t make any sense if it wasn’t expressed, polished refined, updated according to the need to time and ensure consistency as a basic key is not being thrown for dogs to play with.
That was just my opinion; I believe I have helped someone, you can do well to drop a comment below and share for others to read.
Ronaldo (CR7) or Messi (LM10) ……. Let me know your choice too.
I am #Òtáìbáyòmí
Abayomi Adeoye



You May Also Like

0 comments