A dirge for 2017

by - 1/09/2018 07:00:00 am

A dirge for 2017



I thought would love you forever,
Forgetting the fact that you'd leave one day.
I thought our days will last like that of a Palm tree,
Forgetting the fact that we have only 365 days together.

Being with you,
Is like taking a course
I've got to show up in classes and write examinations
And my attendance obviously inevitable.

I'm sorry, I've got to let go,
Yay, because you taught me to aim high.
A dirge for you,
That's the best I have for you.

"Like dinosaur
You left for extinction,
No year can be like you.
It can only come in your likeness.

Reminiscence of days
Spent together,
Make my eyes sources of
Flow unending,
And I seem blue.
at times,
I'll call for celebration,
Blessing the good memories I had
In your days.

Goodbye 2017,
Your brother 2018 took your place,
I hope he's much better than you"





©Òtáìbáyòmí

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. So glad to see another year! We should learn something from it. I hope this year will be a better one for us all!

    ReplyDelete